What Pay Rate?

James Murphy Tax

Our Educator is Certificate 3 in children’s service qualified and is working towards a Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care in NSW Pre-school.

We are a small Pre-school and already have a diploma trained Educator.

Do we have to pay them at the diploma level because they have completed 50% of their course?


The employee is not entitled to be paid at diploma level until they achieve the diploma. Partial completion is not eligible.