Collection and use of personal information
The type of information we collect may include:
• contact details, including email address, address and telephone number;
• communication preferences;
• opinions and comments; and
• any other information requested on this Site or otherwise requested by us or provided by you.
Your use of our Site
As with most online businesses, we may log information about your access and use of our Site, including through the use of Internet cookies, your communications with our Site, the type of browser you are using, the type of operating system you are using and the domain name of your Internet service provider.
Your opinion and feedback
Use of personal information
We collect and use the information for purposes including:
• to contact and communicate with you;
• for internal record keeping;
• for market research and business development;
• for marketing, including direct marketing;
• to run competitions or offer additional benefits to you; and
• to send you promotional information about third parties that we think may be of interest to you; and
• for data analytics purposes.
Disclosure of personal information to third parties
We may disclose personal information to:
• credit reporting agencies and courts, tribunals and regulatory authorities where customers fail to pay for goods or services provided by us to them;
• courts, tribunals, regulatory authorities and law enforcement officers as required by law, in connection with any actual or prospective legal proceedings or in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights;
• third parties, including agents or sub-contractors, who assist us in providing information, products, services or direct marketing to you; and
• third parties to collect and process data, including Google Analytics. This may include parties that store data outside of Australia.
How do we treat personal information that is also sensitive information
Sensitive information is a subset of personal information that is given a higher level of protection under the Australian Privacy Principles. In referring to 'sensitive information', we mean information that relates to your racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion, trade union or other professional associations or memberships, philosophical beliefs, sexual orientation or practices and criminal records, health information, or biometric information. The type of sensitive information that we may collect includes membership in professional or trade associations or trade unions. Sensitive information will be used and disclosed for purposes relating to the primary purpose for which the sensitive information was collected. Sensitive information may also be used or disclosed if required or authorised by law.
Your rights and controlling your personal information
- Your provision of third-party information: If you provide us with third-party personal information, then you warrant to us that you have the third party's consent to provide this.
- Access: You may request details of personal information that we hold about you in certain circumstances set out in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act). An administrative fee may be payable for the provision of information. We may refuse to provide you with information that we hold about you in certain circumstances set out in the Privacy Act.Correction: If you believe that any information we hold about you is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, please contact us by email. We rely in part upon customers advising us when their personal information changes. We will respond to any request within a reasonable time. We will endeavour to promptly correct any information found to be inaccurate, incomplete or out of date.
- Complaints: If you believe that we have breached the Australian Privacy Principles and wish to make a complaint about that breach, please contact us by email setting out details of the breach. We will promptly investigate your complaint and respond to you in writing, setting out the outcome of our investigation, what steps we propose to take to remedy the breach and any other action we will take to deal with your complaint.
- Unsubscribe: To unsubscribe from our email database or opt out of communications, please contact us using the details below.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences. We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system. Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website. Links to other websites Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question. Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes.
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or contact us
- We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
- If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.